At this year’s Wine & Chocolate Walk, I ventured out to try something a little different…homemade lollipops! These are easy to make (although if you are making 325 like I did it will take you some time). Just be patient and don’t walk away from the stove! These would be great for a bridal shower or Bachelorette party.
Each recipe makes 16-18 lollipops.
1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka
2 tablespoons cool water
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1) Place silicone mat or parchment paper on baking sheet. Tip – make sure whatever you lay on your cookie sheet is totally flat otherwise your hot candy will run making for some funny looking lollipops. You can also use a lollipop mold but I don’t feel it is worth the expense.
2) Mix together 1/4 cup Vodka, water, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a 2-quart saucepan until sugar is wet. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally and gently with a heat resistant spoon.
3) Boil to 300 degrees F without stirring.
4) Immediately remove from heat and working quickly add 1 teaspoon Vodka. Mix well. Be careful – the hot sugar will bubble up.
5) Still working quickly, drop teaspoons of syrup onto the baking sheet. Add stick before the syrup cools. Be sure to twist it so it adheres firmly to the candy.
6) Store lollipops in an air tight container.
Recipe originally posted by Hostess with the Mostess (she shows great step-by-step photos).