I have been searching for a great gluten free muffin recipe and finally I found one! By using a certified gluten-free oatmeal, this recipe gives allows everyone around the table a chance to enjoy a delicious bakery item. Feel free to add in your favorite dried fruit or nuts in place of the chocolate chips.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins- makes 12 to 16 muffins
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or use paper liners.
- Place all ingredients, except oats and chocolate chips, in mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Gradually add the oats until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between muffin cups filling each cup almost to the top. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter or your favorite topping (peanut butter, almond butter, Nutella, etc.)
This recipe has been adapted from its original post on: http://chaseandem.blogspot.com.