A whole new array of possibilities has opened up to me since learning you can bake potatoes in the Crock Pot. Simple, yet tasty. Basic, yet complex. A weeknight staple that just got easier. Let’s begin:
- Wash potatoes thoroughly.
- Gently rub salt on the exterior of the potato then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Line Crock Pot with foil or use one of the disposable Crock Pot liners.
- Place potatoes in the Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
That’s it. Seriously. As we know, every Crock Pot is different. The potatoes were done in my pot at about 5 hours but this could be longer or shorter depending on your machine.
Why not bake extra potatoes and use them for:
- Slice into wedges, cover with olive oil and bake and you get Steak Fries for another weekend night dinner
- Hollow them out and make Potato Skins for the Football Party
- Use the “insides” for Potato Pancakes
- Loaded Baked Potatoes for lunch
- Fry them up to make Home Fries on Sunday morning
- Slice in half, top with scrambled eggs and cheese for a yummy breakfast