Thanks to everyone who stopped by our annual Fall Open House this afternoon! It was wonderful to make new friends and visit with many people who have helped to make 5 Corners Bed and Breakfast a success. Here is the recipe for the Baked Brie Tarts that was requested by many…
Baked Brie Tarts
mini phyllo tarts
Brie cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tarts on a cookie sheet.
- Place a cube of cheese in each tart. Top each tart with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe was originally posted by the blog Plain Chicken.
Like I’ve told many of you who have stayed at the B&B, I can make just about anything as long as it has an egg in it but weeknight dinners are not my friend. The thought of dirtying the kitchen partnered with finding something the picky taste buds of my kiddos will enjoy sometimes seems overwhelming. I came across this recipe and my hubby has actually named it a TOP 5 dinner and suggested that it be added to our regular weeknight rotation. Therefore, the recipe must be shared with the world!
Honey Sesame Crockpot Chicken – as adapted from Chef-in-Training.com
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons diced onion
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or just until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from crock pot; leave the sauce. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce.
- Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut chicken into pieces then return to the crockpot. Coat the chicken with the sauce before serving.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.