So easy…so delicious. Tastes like Banana Bread but better. I serve it with a dusting of powdered sugar for breakfast and with the frosting for dessert. You can’t go wrong either way! I jazzed up the original recipe found at ButterYum to include yummy chocolate and crunchy walnuts but you can leave them out if you prefer.
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, softened
4 super ripe bananas
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees (375 if using a metal pan). Coat a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
2) With a mixer, cream together sugar, sour cream, eggs and softened butter. Add bananas and vanilla and mix until well combined.
3) Add in flour, salt and baking soda; mix well.
4) Add in chocolate chips and/or walnuts; mix well.
5) Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1) Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Slowly add the heavy cream and vanilla. Spread on cooled cake.