At this year’s Wine & Chocolate Walk, I ventured out to try something a little different…homemade lollipops! These are easy to make (although if you are making 325 like I did it will take you some time). Just be patient and don’t walk away from the stove! These would be great for a bridal shower or Bachelorette party.
Each recipe makes 16-18 lollipops.
1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka
2 tablespoons cool water
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1) Place silicone mat or parchment paper on baking sheet. Tip – make sure whatever you lay on your cookie sheet is totally flat otherwise your hot candy will run making for some funny looking lollipops. You can also use a lollipop mold but I don’t feel it is worth the expense.
2) Mix together 1/4 cup Vodka, water, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a 2-quart saucepan until sugar is wet. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally and gently with a heat resistant spoon.
3) Boil to 300 degrees F without stirring.
4) Immediately remove from heat and working quickly add 1 teaspoon Vodka. Mix well. Be careful – the hot sugar will bubble up.
5) Still working quickly, drop teaspoons of syrup onto the baking sheet. Add stick before the syrup cools. Be sure to twist it so it adheres firmly to the candy.
6) Store lollipops in an air tight container.
Recipe originally posted by Hostess with the Mostess (she shows great step-by-step photos).
Thanks to everyone who stopped by our annual Fall Open House this afternoon! It was wonderful to make new friends and visit with many people who have helped to make 5 Corners Bed and Breakfast a success. Here is the recipe for the Baked Brie Tarts that was requested by many…
Baked Brie Tarts
mini phyllo tarts
Brie cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tarts on a cookie sheet.
- Place a cube of cheese in each tart. Top each tart with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe was originally posted by the blog Plain Chicken.
For a new twist on your holiday party snacks and gift-giving ideas, try these super simple, delicious and addictive snack of Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels.
1 – 1 lb bag of pretzels (I found my holiday shaped pretzels at Sams Club — the giant container made 3 batches)
1/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar and oil until well combined.
- Pour pretzels into a large microwave safe bowl. Pour cinnamon/sugar mixture over pretzels and stir.
- Cook the pretzels for 1 minute on high; remove from microwave and stir. Do this step two more times.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Pour warm pretzels onto cookie sheet in a single layer. I like mine extra sweet so I sprinkled a little more cinnamon/sugar over the pretzels while they cooled.
- Once they are cool, pour into an air tight container for safe-keeping.
You can get creative with the recipe and add pecans or drizzle with chocolate. Even dried cranberries would add a nice color and texture! Mix it up however you like!
This is also a great recipe to make with the kids — no sharp knives, nothing hot to the touch and not to messy (as long as you keep the sugar on the counter).