5 Corners Bed & Breakfast is pleased to be a part of BedandBreakfast.com’s annual Travel for Teachers program. Its time to get out of the classroom and enjoy some rest and relaxation!
Teachers who stay one night will receive 50% off their second night.
As with any good discount, there is always some fine print. Here’s the details:
- The discounted night must be a Sunday – Thursday; however the full price night can be a Friday or Saturday. For example, teachers who reserve Saturday and Sunday night will receive their discount on the Sunday night stay. Likewise for a Thursday and Friday night reservation.
- Reservations are currently being accepted for travel dates June 8 through August 22, 2014 for all guests rooms located in the main house. Not valid holidays or holiday weekends.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. BedandBreakfast.com gift cards are not accepted when used in conjunction with this promotion.
- School ID must be presented at check-in and offer mentioned at time of reservation.
To make a reservation or to learn more, please give us a call at (440) 984-3084 or reserve online at www.5cornersbnb.com and enter LOVETOTEACH in the promo code box.
What a great time to visit Lorain County! One of the most exciting new developments from over this LONG winter is the new Common Ground Zipline Canopy Tour.
Fly through the trees on an experience that is memorable, exhilarating and definitely worth repeating with Common Ground’s new Zipline Canopy Tour. As northern Ohio’s only world-class canopy tour, this zipline travels through all types of terrain including beautiful meadows and the steep valley walls of the beautiful Vermilion River Valley. It features a combination of fast ziplines, soaring aerial bridges, aerial staircases, foot paths, rappel stations and uncommon views of the natural landscape. The longest zipline is roughly 850 feet. Each guided tour will be 2.5 to 3 hours long and will feature information about the land, its inhabitants and its resources.
The Canopy Tour is scheduled to open mid-June. Tickets are $85 per person. Participants must be at least 10 years old and weigh between 70 and 250 pounds. Online reservations will be available on the Common Ground website beginning in late April. Common Ground is located 5 miles west of Oberlin on Baird Road. Common Ground also offers a ropes course.
More information will become available on the Common Ground website within the next few weeks. Make it a weekend — Common Ground is just 20 minutes from 5 Corners Bed & Breakfast plus enjoy all there is to see and do including the Backroads & Beaches Mulit-Sport Trail (biking, rollerblading, running) and the Vermilion-Lorain Water Trail (kayaking and paddleboarding). Lorain County is a fantastic place to escape reality for a day, a long weekend or even a week! There is truly something for everyone…from zipping through the trees to soaking up rays on a sandy beach. Enjoy fantastic restaurants, fine wines and micro-brews. Take in the beauty of fine art and the rustic appeal of a unique flea market find. Its all right here in Lorain County.
Our Elf on the Shelf, whose name is Server (I have no idea why) likes to have a little fun when he visits. So much so that my two kids can remember just about everything Server did last year. We thought we’d share a few of our favorite hiding places just in case there is another Elf out there who needs a little creativity to keep his family laughing. Our Elf has learned that he’s got to clean up whatever mess he makes so he’s not too fond of messy pranks. He does have a hard act to follow after last year…I hope he’s up for the challenge.
Our Elf on the Shelf took a bath in our cotton balls…complete with a rubber ducky.
His E.T. impersonation
Elf and Barbie say “I Do”
Fun with the photocopier. At least he didn’t show us his backside. Maybe this year.
Helping with homework. Things got a little messy with all those stickers.
Our dog, Buster, and Server worked together to make our screen saver a little more festive.
Nothing like a little game of cards with his pals. Wonder what they were betting? Maybe candy canes?
Our Elf on the Shelf isn’t feeling so well. Probably ate too many cookies or partied too much during that card game the night before.
Our Elf on the Shelf toilet papered the tree. At least he could have thrown away the empty roll.
Need a healthy, filling breakfast that the kids will actually eat? Its become a First Day of School tradition in our house to make Oh My Heaven. Guests of 5 Corners Bed & Breakfast are often treated to this yummy baked oatmeal; only its like no oatmeal you’ve ever had! Our favorite way to serve it is with fresh strawberries or blueberries and a dash of milk but if you want to give it an extra protein boost add sliced almonds; an extra zap of fruit then add dried cranberries or raisins. The options are endless. If you want to take a little something special in to the teacher’s workroom to get you through the first day, you can easily double this recipe and bake in a 13×9 pan.
Oh My Heaven
courtesy of good friend and fellow B&B owner Mickie Deline
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 cup oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1) Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
2) Pour mixture into a prepared 9×9 or 8×8 pan. Spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3) In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with berries, nuts, milk and or powered sugar.
Over the last six years, the #1 thing guests have requested is a room with multiple beds. With so many families visiting for reunions, weddings or to tour Oberlin College, a two+ bed suite was necessary!
The new Sandstone Suite is perfect for families, longer stays or as a vacation rental. The suite is located kitty-corner from the main house so it has lots of privacy and functionality. The first bedroom features a queen-size pillowtop bed while the second bedroom offers two twin beds.
The suite also includes a private kitchenette with fridge, coffee maker and microwave. You’ll enjoy breakfast in the privacy of your suite with fresh muffins, breads, cereal, yogurt, fruit and more provided each morning.
$169/night (two night minimum) – This room offers an exclusive discount: stay five nights and your sixth night is free!
- Bedroom 1 offers a queen size pillowtop bed and sitting area with 42″ flatscreen TV, DVD player and over-sized chair
- Bedroom 2 offers two twin beds and 40″ flatscreen TV with DVD player
- The two bedroom suite has a shared bath with shower
- Kitchenette with fridge, microwave and coffee maker
- Luxury Bed Linens & Towels
- Antique Dresser
- Ceiling Fans in both bedrooms and kitchen
- Large closet area to store suitcases, clothes and coats
- Hair Dryer
- Alarm Clocks
- Central Air
- Cable Television in both bedrooms
- Free Wireless Internet
- Iron and Iroining Board
- Enjoy a freshly prepared continental breakfast each morning in the comfort of your suite