If your family is like mine, we love Mexican food. Tacos, Fajitas, Quesadillas…you name it. My husband and I especially love Enchiladas but after cooking the chicken, waiting for it to cool so I can shred it, then filling the tortillas…well I don’t make them very often. Until now. Thanks to a rotisserie chicken, this recipe is quick and easy to pull together. I served it alongside some Mexican Rice and a small salad.
1 rotisserie chicken, removed from the bone and shredded
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 small can Enchilada sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions until transparent and slightly brown.
3) Place shredded chicken into the bottom of a greased 8×8 pan. Sprinkle cooked onions over chicken. Top with Enchilada sauce. Stir until chicken is covered evenly.
4) Sprinkle cheese over chicken mixture.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Top with sour cream and green onions. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from The Key Ingredient.