Thanks to everyone who stopped by our annual Fall Open House this afternoon! It was wonderful to make new friends and visit with many people who have helped to make 5 Corners Bed and Breakfast a success. Here is the recipe for the Baked Brie Tarts that was requested by many…
Baked Brie Tarts
mini phyllo tarts
Brie cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tarts on a cookie sheet.
- Place a cube of cheese in each tart. Top each tart with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe was originally posted by the blog Plain Chicken.
For a new twist on your holiday party snacks and gift-giving ideas, try these super simple, delicious and addictive snack of Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels.
1 – 1 lb bag of pretzels (I found my holiday shaped pretzels at Sams Club — the giant container made 3 batches)
1/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar and oil until well combined.
- Pour pretzels into a large microwave safe bowl. Pour cinnamon/sugar mixture over pretzels and stir.
- Cook the pretzels for 1 minute on high; remove from microwave and stir. Do this step two more times.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Pour warm pretzels onto cookie sheet in a single layer. I like mine extra sweet so I sprinkled a little more cinnamon/sugar over the pretzels while they cooled.
- Once they are cool, pour into an air tight container for safe-keeping.
You can get creative with the recipe and add pecans or drizzle with chocolate. Even dried cranberries would add a nice color and texture! Mix it up however you like!
This is also a great recipe to make with the kids — no sharp knives, nothing hot to the touch and not to messy (as long as you keep the sugar on the counter).